when you try your best but you don’t succeed
when you get what you want but not what you need
could it be worse
when you love someone
but it goes to waste
when you feel so tired
but you can’t sleep
when you lose something you cannot replace
And I will try…to fix you.
I’m so done with this site.
Welp, they’re offing all the virgins.
There’s only one way to save Stiles.
ain’t no friendship like a friendship where you’re either confused as siblings or gay lovers
BEST. I honestly think there are people who are a hundred convinced we are dating.
I think you’re allowed to do non-fiction as long as your DWL instructor’s cool with it and it includes a certain amount of writing a day? From my understanding anyway!
If you are looking for a GISHWHES team this year, we want you!
You must be willing to commit to the week of August 11th, 2013. And we mean commit. You’ll lose a lot of sleep, pride, and sanity, but that is what’s so great about it all!
- must be able to commit (we understand people have jobs and school and whatnot, but you need to find a way to work around it all and get stuff done)
- must be willing to do some really random and crazy things
- must be willing to ask family, friends, acquaintances, and strangers to help you out with said random and crazy things
- must have a Facebook account that you are willing to add one of the team captains on for ease of contact
- must have attention to detail, but not get overly hung up on perfection (we do have a time limit, after all)
- must be creative and imaginative and awesome (as we know you all are!)
Preferred, but not necessarily required:
- from a country other than Canada
- can drive or have a dependable way of transportation
- have random connections to someone in politics, someone in the military, some sort of musical group (orchestra, choir, band, etc.), someone famous, etc.
Some things to also mention when you message me, if any apply:
- if you can draw or paint really well
- if you are good at photography
- if you have some sort of random, but useful, skill or hobby
- if you are musically talented
- anything else you things might contribute to the hunt
We are in the beginning stages of forming a team, and you will need to be approved by all three of the team leads. If you are interested, please send me a message with a little about yourself, and we’ll go from there! :)
P.S. If this is your first year doing GISHWHES, and you’re feeling a little nervous about it, have no fear! Drop me a message, and I can explain what it is to you a little bit (give examples and whatnot), and we can see if you’d be a fit for our team!
This would be my team! If you’re interested, let me know. Even with some less-than-enthusiastic people last time, we managed to kick butt! I’ve participated in every year of GISH and it’s seriously a blast. A crazy, insane, mad blast but a blast non-the-less!
Word count in the HP Series:
Sorcerer’s Stones: 76,944
Chamber of Secrets: 85,141
Prisoner of Azkaban: 107,253
Goblet of Fire: 190,637
Order of the Phoenix: 257,045
Half-Blood Prince: 168,923
Deathly Hallows: 198,227
Word count in the LOTR Series:
The Hobbit: 95,022
Fellowship of the Ring: 177,227
Two Towers: 143,436
Return of the King: 134,462
THIS HELPS SO MUCH FOR SOMEONE WHO CAN’T VISUALIZE NUMERICAL MEASUREMENTS AT ALL
see if i ever try to move forward with the construction of my burnt down childhood home ever again
i had to go to three different paint stores to find a color i liked
Good lord, all of us on tumblr should just date eachother
13 fucking million, i swear if none of you at least asks me for my number im out of here
there should be a fucking tumblr dating site. like they evaluate what you post on your blog and then they would find another blog that posts pretty much the same thing as you then they would alert you both like
*ding ding fucker we might have found someone perfect for you*
Teen Wolf is the hole-in-the-wall donut shop where you stopped off at midnight to scarf some empty calories only to realize the place is staffed by a five-star pastry chef.
And yeah, pectorals galore.” —The Ultimate “Teen Wolf” Refresher Course - thebacklot.com (The most accurate description we have EVER seen for this show. Now I want a bear-claw.)